I recently got back one of four rolls of k40, all were old. I used a few feet on one roll to compare the focus sharpness of my various cameras, an issue I had been trying to work out. I noticed a distinct colour change between the same shot taken from two different cameras with the same film. There were no colour shifts on the rest of the film, and both cameras were set to the same exposure (according to the int’ meter).

The darker picture was from a yashica super800, the lighter from a sankyo cm300. both were focused to the same distance. Also, the 85 filter was in place on both cameras, although I think that would have a orange like tinge if it were the case.

Could there be an actual colour altering aspect of one lens over the other? Or could the difference lay in some thing I did?

thanks, gareth